Monday 6 September 2010

Gotta admit she's looking-good on it(Inspirational Mamma:)!

Dr Enid Taylor, 54, is a naturopath and lives in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, with second husband Glen, 56, a colon hydrotherapist. enid has three children, aged 27, 33, and 35, from her first marriage.


Height - 5ft 6in

Dress - 10 to 12
Weight - 9st 9lb
People constantly mistake me for being about ten years younger because I've got a good figure.
I put it down to a raw food diet and colonic irrigation every three week - where the bowel is flushed out to cleanse the system - at a cost of £75 per treatment. I don't have a gym membership and I don't do any exercise, although we have a treadmill at home and I spend a lot of time gardening.
After having my third child I went up to a size 16, in spite of the fact I'd alway
been fairly healthy, eating muesli for breakfast and cooking meals - such as shepherd's pie and beef bourguignon - from scratch.
But in 1997, I changed my diet, cutting out wheat and dairy initially. I slimmed right down and felt 15 years younger immediately.
That was until I hit the menopause in my late 40s and gained about 20lb that I just couldn't shift. I tried a slimming club for six months, but I didn't like it. Then I discovered the raw food diet and the weight fell off. Eating a raw diet gives me a feeling of both energy and calmness. I follow it for about eight months of the year.
During winter, I tend to succumb to things like roasted vegetables, and if we go to someone's house for dinner, I always eat what they've made because a day off doesn't do any harm.
Ordinarily I start my day drinking what I call 'Shrek' juice because it's bright green like the ogre. It's made of spinach or kale, with cucumber, celery, lemon, lime and apple. Lunch is crackers with avocado or hummus, and dinner is a salad with a delicious olive-oil dressing.
Colonic irrigation costs around £75 a time, cleans out my system and has cured me of constipation. It keeps my stomach flat and gives me a bounce in my step. It's not enough to look good for my age - I want to feel good, too.
Raw food might sound extreme and my family think I'm a crank, but it makes perfect sense to me to live off the land rather than destroy the valuable vitamins and enzymes in food through cooking.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1309347/How-YOU-pay-great-body-One-blew-11-000-surgery-relies-walks-park-Look-women-decide.html#ixzz0ykkwAArg

No comments:

Post a Comment